We did it!
![]() |
| The Wedding Party with our Families |

Robb and I tied the knot on December 31, 2011, at a beautiful and personal evening ceremony, officiated by Rev. Michael "Pipe" Sloan. It was about 30 minutes in length, with lots of heart-felt words of wisdom and a few jokes thrown in for good measure. It was perfect, and we expected no less from our gifted friend. Robb's best man was his best friend for 25+ years, Norman Clark. My matron of honor was my cousin and friend for just as long, Mary Collins.
About 25 friends and family members were witnesses as we exchanged our vows on the stage and set of My Fair Lady at the historic Empire Theatre, which just had its 100th Birthday on Christmas Day. Thank you Phil Whiteway and Bruce Miller for allowing us to use this magnificent space for our most special day. Thanks also to the production team of Theatre IV/Barksdale for making everything look beautiful -- the lights, the stage, the marquee, the lobby, and on and on. Picture perfect.![]() |
| Anthony, David & Drew |
After the ceremony, we walked across the street to Tarrant's Cafe for an absolutely mouth-watering dinner and champagne toasts.Following dinner, we headed back to the Empire for a dessert buffet reception with about 85 of our friends and family. Holly Timberline baked up a confectionery storm and several guests also shared some favorite sweet treats (Jennifer Patterson, Gordon Bass, Sara Heifetz, Cat Thomas, the Moms and yours truly). We also had about six dozen cupcakes from Lola's Bakery. Yum!
Robb's mom, Elaine Freim, absolutely transformed the lobby with her beautiful decorations. Throughout the night, I heard directly and indirectly how festive and magical everything looked. Our floral arrangements were created by Designs by Ron, a neighbor of the theatre and a brilliant florist who took what I had described and exceeded my expectations.
The night culminated in a New Year's count- down with the New York City ball drop broad- casting on the flatscreen in the lobby, and Robb and I running through a tunnel of cheers and sparklers to our getaway car. :)
I have to say a HUGE thanks to my parents, Wes and Janette Cole, and my brother, Nate Cole, who traveled from Minnesota not just to attend, but to help set up, take down, bake, run errands, decorate, take video, and offer their moral (and financial!) support during the flurry of activity. I'm so glad they were here to share in the details! I also want to extend heartfelt thanks to our photographer, Greg Garner, who also went above and beyond to photograph the entire night. Most of the photos you see here were taken by him -- as you can see, he is super talented! www.bluegoostudios.com
![]() |
| Donna, Jennings & Phil Whiteway |
Robb and I took a mini-honeymoon for a few days to the Outer Banks, to the beach house in Rodanthe where we got enga- ged. Many thanks to another coworker and friend, Tracy Coogle, and her mom Pat Cully, for generously offering to let us come back to bring the story full circle. We had such a wonderfully relaxing time!
For both Robb and me, this is our second go-round at marriage. But, we both feel certain that the second time is the charm. ♥






So for some reason this JUST posted in my blog reader, but oh well. Your wedding was beautiful, and you were absolutely lovely! I know you and Robb will be happy together, and I'm so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I still want that lefse recipe!
Valerie...I'm just now seeing this post today! (MARCH 8th) I was wondering why Em had quit writing her blog as I haven't seen one in months and months, but I assumed she was busy. I have no idea why I didn't get the posts anymore! Anyway, if you want to send me your email, I can send you the lefse recipe. Just message me on facebook! (Janette Keske Cole)
DeleteOh, and I forgot to mention, I tagged you in a post on my blog. Check it out!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds as if you had the most magical of weddings! Congratulations, again. The photos were fun to see!
ReplyDelete