Life is crazy isn't it? It really does just fly by. "For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away." (James 4:14)
The past several weeks have felt like a vanishing vapor. Robb and I decided that, since we met on New Year's Eve five years ago, what better day to get married than New Year's Eve! Yes, I do mean THIS New Year's Eve, December 31, 2011. Obviously, that has left little time for planning, especially since Robb has been working a lot of overtime and I am working full-time and doing the holiday show at Barksdale Hanover Tavern (Blue Ridge Mountain Christmas).
Thankfully, we don't have to do it all ourselves. We have the incredible Jennings Whiteway as our wedding planner, who has already alleviated so much stress by taking care of multiple details and making sure we stay on schedule with everything. If you're engaged and need a planner, you need to call her right now! (Seriously, just ask me, I will give you her number!) Also, my great bosses of 6½ years are graciously letting us have the wedding ceremony and reception at the beautiful Empire Theatre, which will celebrate its 100th birthday on Christmas Day. We couldn't ask for a more perfect and special place to exchange our vows and celebrate with our closest friends and family.
I know I really should cherish these fleeting moments leading up to our wedding day. But in some ways, I am glad they are "just a vapor" because I am so looking forward to being married to the greatest man in the world!
Emily, some how, I missed your blog for a few months. What a wonderful surprise to find that you were not only engaged.....but, assuming the date has passed, quite married! Congratulations! What wonderful things happen when you are least expecting them. May you have a life together that is always filled with great joy! C.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Cynthia! I have been slacking on blogging -- just so much going on right now!! :P Yes, I've been married for a couple months (almost) and couldn't be happier. I plan to get the blog caught up to my life with a couple new entries, including some exciting news, so stay tuned! :) -E.
Delete