Monday, March 5, 2012

Pseudo MySpace survey

Ok, pry open those memory banks with me for just a moment. Remember MySpace? Yah, come on, of course you do. That pre-Facebook social networking site with all the bugs and bad music... yeaaah, that's the one!

My friend Valerie tagged me in this blogging get-to-know-you survey thingy. It totally reminds me of the surveys folks used to fill out and post on MySpace. I thought those were fun, and yes, I miss them, so I'll oblige with this one too.

There are six rules.
  1. Post these rules.
  2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
  3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post (i.e., Valerie's for me).
  4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
  5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.
  6. No saying, "If you are reading this, you're tagged."
11 random things about me:
  1. I'm nearly ambidextrous. I write right-handed, but can write fairly legibly left-handed, and can draw and paint left-handed. I can do everything else with either hand (but prefer the left).
  2. I grew up on a farm in rural Minnesota.
  3. Red is my favorite color.
  4. I am the oldest of three siblings, and the only girl.
  5. I went through a period where I was allergic to Budweiser.
  6. My ancestry is Norwegian, Ukrainian, German & English.
  7. There were 37 people in my high school graduating class.
  8. I went to happy hour with violinist, Joshua Bell.
  9. I drive a stick shift.
  10. My first role in a play was Donna Lucia d'Alvadorez in Charley's Aunt.
  11. My birthday is on Christmas Eve.
Valerie's questions for me:
  1. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes, many times, although nothing too drastic. I don't have any "I-wanted-blonde-but-it-turned-out-magenta" stories.
  2. Do you prefer dogs, cats, or some other creature? Don't make me choose! I love both dogs and cats. Have cats now but would really love to have a dog again.
  3. Did you participate in a sport in college?  If so, what sport? Nope, I was one of those band/choir nerds. I did go to aerobics class a few times a week though, if that counts!
  4. What is your favorite hobby?  Anything art-related, specifically stained glass or drawing.
  5. Where is the most memorable place you've ever been? The SS3 orphanage outside Hanoi, Vietnam.
  6. What is the one physical trait you like most about yourself? Eyes.
  7. What is your biggest pet peeve? Grammatical errors (their/they're/there, your/you're, using an apostrophe to make "word's" plural -- I could go onnnnnn)
  8. What is your favorite thing to do for exercise? The truth is, I just plain don't like exercise. However, I could (and have) hiked all day long, or paddle a canoe for miles. I guess I need scenery to make exercise bearable! 
  9. Have you ever broken a bone?  If so, where? Nope, but when I was in elementary school I always wanted to have a broken bone so my friends could sign my cast.
  10. What is the worst job you've ever had? One summer when I was 15 I worked for a neighboring farmer chopping stray corn out of his soybean fields with a hoe. It was hot, muggy, buggy, and also I sliced my leg open on his barbed wire fence. Not to mention there seemed to be more corn in those fields than soybeans. 
  11. If you could do anything in the world, just once, what would it be? Skydive. Just once.
MY questions for.... hmm, let's see.... [considering who might do this]................ CYNTHIA!
  1. Who is your favorite band/musician?
  2. Where does your furthest-away relative live?
  3. Are you a nail-biter?
  4. What was your major in college?
  5. What was your favorite vacation as a kid?
  6. What gives you the biggest thrill?
  7. Have you ever sold anything on eBay? If so, what was it?
  8. What's your favorite TV show of all time?
  9. Have you ever run in a race?
  10. If you could live anywhere but where you currently live for one year, where would it be?
  11. What's your favorite thing in life?
I am in the midst of writing another blog post to get this thing caught up to my life, but this was a fun diversion. Go to it, Cynthia, your turn! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you did this!

    I was the same way over the broken bones. I wanted a pretty cast with names all over it, and I wanted the attention that came with having a broken bone. Now, I don't.

    Oh, and I do believe we're going to have to go sky diving some time. Hans isn't at all interested, but I'd love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, loved both your posts and I am thrilled that you are moving back to our Home state! Love those Gophers, etc. It will be fun to see your posts of that area, as there is so much to offer in Minnesota.

    On this post.... I fear that the week has flown by and I am leaving in just a few hours for Australia and New Zealand...... SO..... I promise, that when I get home, I will definitely answer all of your questions (and there are some good ones!) before I pass it along (maybe to my Sister in PA!).

    Good luck with the move and the lovely new space to live, and having your family nearby, and to new adventures..... they keep us energized.

    ReplyDelete