Had breakfast at the hotel and then went to the bank to exchange some money. Went to SS3 after that to say goodbye to the kids and bring them the personal care items (soap, hand sanitizer, shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, etc.). Some of the kids were at school when we got there so we didn't get to see them (including Zoom, boo). But Tee and Yen and An were there and lots of other familiar faces.
We also got a chance to spend time with the babies and hold them. I held an infant girl who was four weeks old. So sweet. I didn't want to let her go.
It was difficult to leave the orphanage... but at least we know the kids are in good hands and also that Area 10 will be continuing the relationship there.
After SS3, we at lunch at Pho 24. It was ok, but not as good as Pho 79 in RVA, in my opinion!
We went back to the hotel and had a debriefing with Tan (who is taking over for Sherman at GVI) to talk about the past week, and also discuss plans for next year.
We had some time to go shopping afterwards and get massages! I got a bunch more souvenirs for my sponsors.
For dinner, we went to Al Fresco for a western meal. I got pepperoni pizza. It was DELISH.
We left for the airport at 8:00 p.m. Dat, Pink, Xu and Bic came along and said goodbye to us at the airport. I got teary.
I was thinking about the likelihood of going on this trip next year... I just don't know. I told Marci that I could save up for a year and if it worked out that I did go, I'd have the money; and otherwise I would be able to donate what I'd saved toward the team that does go. Just have to wait and see what God has in store over the next year.
We're now on the plane from Hanoi to Seoul and will land within the hour. We have a 5-hour layover in Seoul before we board to fly 15 or 18 or however many hours it is back to Dulles. In all, we will have traveled 25 hours to get back to the U.S.!! I will probably sleep all day tomorrow, when I get back... or will it be yesterday...or today?!
At any rate, I'm so glad I was able to go on this trip. It has been an eye-opening, heart-moving experience and I am looking forward to writing more about my thoughts when I get back.
What a wonderful, insightful travelogue, Emmy! It sounds like such an emotional, heart-warming / heart-rending time. May God bless each and every seed of goodness that you and the team planted in Vietnam!
ReplyDelete