Monday, January 3, 2011

I did it! (Mostly.)

I didn't eat McDonald's for an entire year. (That was one of my 2010 resolutions.)

I also.... 

  • Wrote a short story. No, you may not read it. Well, maybe if you ask nicely. 
  • Created two non-snowflake glass pieces. The goal was three... but maybe I can count the poppies project that I STARTED in 2010 (and hope to finish this week).
  • Created two pencil drawings. Goal was two. Woo-hoo! Ironically, both were of doggies. And, I started a third drawing in Dec., which I also hope to finish in the short-term. (Non-dog.)
  • Created one charcoal drawing. Goal was two. Boo. It is a birthday gift for someone so I won't post a pic until the recipient has received it. I used a lot of charcoal though, so maybe it can count as two? Ok fine.
  • And, I had a goal of writing three songs. I didn't write any. Triple boo! However, I did write my own harp parts for two songs in Smoke on the Mountain Homecoming. Does that count??

All-in-all, I'm pretty satisfied with my progress toward my 2010 resolutions. How did you do?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's really good progress. I wish I could say I'd gotten that far on my resolutions. Alas, I think I reverted some (my goals had more to do with behavior than specific objects).

    Also, was one of those pencil drawings mine? It was utterly fantastic.

    Lastly, I wish I was as talented as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, one was Cody. ;) As far as talents go, I was just thinking about you on the way home today as I saw a few different people walking their dogs (or ratther, their dogs walking them). And I thought about people (like you!) who have the patience & consistency & ability to communicate w/dogs and positively affect their behavior. Good trainers really do have a special gift. So there! :)

    ReplyDelete