A few updates and changes. My computer died, then got all Lazarus-y and came back to life. I spent maybe two or three weeks computerless, relying on my Droid to help me satiate my email, Facebook and Twitter addictions. Then, one day, I came home and a little voice (GOD???) told me to plug in my computer and "just see what happens." It was a laptop miracle! It started up, the battery charged, and I immediately backed up EVERYTHING onto a portable 500 gig hard drive in case it was just going to be a 10-minute miracle. But so far it is still working ok... I mean, the period is still missing (am still copying/pasting the ".") and the screen still flickers on occasion, but I've been treating it very gingerly and so far it has responded by staying alive.
Remember how I said I was going to move out of my current place? Yeah, that's not so much happening anymore, much to the dismay of my neighbor down the hall in #4 who's had his eye on scooting into #3 the moment I turn the key and say goodbye. Oh well, he's pretty cool so hopefully he can wait another year, which is how long I'm staying. Turns out my landlord next door is still in his house too, with the "for sale" sign still out front. It's leaning a little.
Finished up A Grand Night for Singing at Swift Creek Mill Theatre on May 22. What a fun show! And great people. Such a pleasure. I hope I get a chance to work with some or all of them again.
[Gotta pause here to give Franklin some attentxssaz[ko7yt65 <-- he says "hi"]
Went to MN for a couple weekends in May, the first was for my godson Adam's baptism (still working on uploading all the pics but here are a few; the third is Adam with his parents, Eric & Melissa).
Robbie came with me for the second trip over Memorial Day to visit some family & friends. Got to see my friends Maureen & Mac who were up from Phoenix and my Grandma Katie who has moved to an assisted living facility. She'll be 90 in September.
The highlight of June so far has been my brand new air conditioner that Robbie so graciously installed for me. While I am willingly putting off central air for another year, at least I now have an AC that works properly. And has a remote control.
I have a few drawing and glass projects that I want to get underway... the latest glass creation was stylized initials for Adam. I really want to try to create some pieces based on the Motawi tiles (see earlier blog post). I need to get going on a drawing for a person who won it in last year's Fairy Tale Ball silent auction and contacted me last month to tell me she was the winner. Better late than never! She wants a portrait drawn of her two Sheltie dogs, which will be fun. I've never drawn a dog(s) before.
Finally, a little humor captured on the way to visit Robbie's family in Gloucester last weekend:
Happy "almost" Summer!




No comments:
Post a Comment