This will be my first blog post from my Droid. My laptop bit the dust a couple weeks ago, a little sooner than I had hoped. Not that I hoped it would die at all, but I knew it was coming. Anyway, being computer-less at home means I'm now putting my new phone to the test and that I'm also watching a lot more TV. Hmmm...
BUT, the Droid so far has not disappointed. I spent last weekend on the Minnesota Iron Range. For those not as familiar with MN geography, that's "up north," and then north some more. I was forewarned that unless I had AT&T I probably would have spotty -- if any -- cell reception since AT&T had the only tower in an xx mile radius. Well, I'm pleased to report that I was able to send & receive texts, send & receive email, take & upload photos... the only thing it wasn't so great with was actual phone calls, but I only tried placing a call from the basement of my friends' house so that could have been the reason the call got dropped.
At any rate, I am extremely happy with my Droid decision. I was wavering between it and a Blackberry... I am confident I made the right choice. I mean, it's got a QWERTY keyboard AND a touchscreen. I'm hoping to get a new laptop soon, however... because while technologically advanced, posting blogs with my phone could be a bit of a pain. Just sayin'.
No comments:
Post a Comment