Met the kids at a rest stop and had a snack of longan berries. The kids seemed weary of being on the bus and not quite as energetic as they had been the day before.
We had lunch in the hotel dining hall as soon as we got to Do Son. The meal was ALL seafood... clams, shrimp (with the head and legs still attached :P), whole fish... I at it ALL!
We had a little down time after the lunch. I started feeling lousy again, so I took a nap while the rest of the team played games with the kids outside. Again, I felt bad to be missing out and letting everyone down. :(
Did go to the beach after the nap with the group. The beach is about a 5 minute walk from our hotel. The beach itself is fairly large. The water was calm, no large waves. Water is also very brown. Was kinda surprised how much trash was around and in the water.
The little kids and older boys had fun -- the older girls didn't swim. We had beach balls and inner tubes in the water and some kids played in the sand on the beach. Tons of umbrellas along the length of the beach and vendors on bikes.
Talent show after dinner tonight. I am supposed to sing a couple songs with Chris [Barras], but I now have laryngitis, so that will be interesting!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment