Got back to hotel and felt terrible. Awful sinus pressure and earache. :( The rest of the team sorted all the stuff we brought for the kids and I laid down.
After, Marci, Laura & Pink [one of the translators] went to the pharmacy and got me saline nasal wash and Tiger Balm. Terry [White] also gave me some Advil Cold & Sinus, which I took. While everyone else changed their money and was out & about, I took a nap.
I felt bad... not just because I was missing out, but also because I felt guilty having so much attention directed toward me and away from the focus of this trip. I have been trying really hard to stay positive and not complain!
I felt a little better after the nap. Our group went to Highway 4 for dinner. I debated about going but decided I would have felt worse if I had stayed behind.
We had a wonderful meal -- Bic ordered for all of us and we ate family style. Everything was delicious -- even the calamari. :) Had catfish springrolls, banana flower salad (which was my favorite), morning glory (like greens), chicken with seasalt & lemon, fried rice and corn juice (exactly what it sounds like!). I felt a LOT better after eating.
After Highway 4 we went to Fanny's Ice Cream, which is DELICIOUS!! I had "Autumn Leaf" which was chocolate,green tea & coconut ice cream with caramel and shaved coconut. YUMMY.
From there we walked back to the hotel. What I wasn't prepared for here is the number of people on scooters. Literally thousands -- usually two or more per bike. Crossing the street is a rite of passage (Keith [Polarek] did it, ha).
Tomorrow we go to the beach. Chris prayed for my health and asked people to pray via the blog. I am WILLING myself to be healthy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment