Friday, February 12, 2010

Kid art

I love kid art, especially when given to me. Any of these could be framed, hung in a gallery, and sold for a million dollars. However, I'm perfectly content letting these masterpieces adorn my home.

 
fish ink print from neighbor Dameon (age 10), on the refrigerator


abstract painting by niece Gabbi (age 3), on the back of my front door 
[I think it looks like a mushroom on a blue & red background]


  
marker drawings by Katherine (age 3), in the living room
[the left one is my name, and the right one is a picture of her family's house in Idaho,
because I've never been there and she wanted me to see what it looks like.]

What I love about them: no inhibition, no fretting over composition, technique, medium, or whether or not it's any good. Pure and selfless creative expression in the moment, intended as a gift for someone else. 

We adults could take a lesson.

1 comment: