I have resisted the urge to start a blog for quite awhile. Years in fact. The main reason I have not started one until now is because I perceived many of them to be self-centered and dull. Basicaly, blah blah blah. (This does not apply to any of the blogs I'm currently following, which are all written by amazingly brilliant and talented people.) Thus, I did not want to risk falling into the same trap, only to have some know-it-all casual blog browser judge and label my blogging ability without first getting to know me personally. *Ahem.*
But, I couldn't resist any longer. The main reason I did decide to hop the train to Bloggersville is because I think about things. And as I'm thinking about things, I wonder, "Does anyone else think about this? And if so, what do they think?" (Sorry for getting all Dr. Seussical and for pretty much ripping off Robin Harris-Jones' entire blog theme.) My hope is that this can be a fun and interesting forum to share some thoughts, ideas and laughs. We shall see........! Or read, as the case may be.
As I was on the fence debating whether to worsen my carpal tunnel, I asked my boyfriend Robb if he could help me come up with a clever name for my maybe-blog. That was great fun. Here are the candidates. It was a joint effort:
Hot Diggity Blog
Wizard of Blog
Blog Cabin
Blog-a-Bing
Bloglorious
Blogburger
Blogical
Blogarithm
Monoblogue
The Rattlin' Blog
Blogology
Blogburger
Blogical
Blogarithm
Monoblogue
The Rattlin' Blog
Blogology
Bloggery
Bloggocks
Bloody, Buggery, Bollocky Blog (we were on a roll)
Good Bloggie
Good Bloggie
Water Blogged
Blogilicious
Tobloggin
Blahg
The last one was the winner (at least for now... I'm notoriously fickle with such decisions). Robbie ribs me about my Minnesota accent, which I have deliberately attempted to dampen but is just too deeply ingrained in such words as "pahpcorn" and "bayg" and, well, "blahg."
So there you have it. Time will tell whether the name of this blog ever connotes the obvious alternative meaning.
Blahgs away!

No comments:
Post a Comment